To give or receive a rose usually now-a-days is associated with a romantic gesture of some sort, although it once symbolized love, passion, purity, virginity, fertility, life, death and so on.
The rose is the flower of the goddesses Isis and Venus but also the blood of Osiris, Adonis, and The Christ.
The enriched benefits of Roses have been used throughout history for health, beauty and magic.
In occultism the rose is associated with the color(s) of the petals.
• Red Roses: passion, love; vitality, feeling of being alive; masculine or active energy; creative projects; workshops
• White Roses: purity, innocence; acceptance; unconditional love; feminine or passive energy; initiation of new members, construction projects
• Black (or Withered) Roses: love is gone or over; disaster; depression; death; problem discussions; emergency meetings
• Pink Roses: gentleness; softness; thankfulness; loving and supportive friendship; awards and honors
• Yellow Roses: compassion; camaraderie; free-flowing conversations; joy and security; social affairs; dinners; intellectual lectures
• Orange Roses: enthusiasm; fascination; optimism; planning meetings
• Blue Roses: spiritual longing; promise of a perfect world; group meditations
• Golden (or Gilded) Roses: completion of important project; perfection of oneself; invocation of cosmic energy; invocation of past masters
Very similarly to the budding of the rose, as is the development of the sense of life.
Numbers of rose petals meanings:
- Due to the wild rose having five petals and growing in multiples of five, the rose generally represents the number five and the shapes of pentagram and pentagon. Which is the Fifth Element, the life force, the heart or essence of something. As well the Collective Body
- Six-petaled balance and love
- seven-petaled transformative passion
- eight-petaled roses regeneration, a new cycle, or a higher level of space and time.
The Alchemical operation of Conjunction, the Mystical Marriage are the unification of the opposites. This represents the regeneration of separated essences and their resurrection on a new unified level.
red rose:(Red King) or (Red Sun)
- the sun-sol
- expansive principle of solar spirit (Sulfur)
- Red Phase and the Red Stone of Projection
white rose:(White Queen) or (White Moon)
- the moon-luna
- contractive principle of lunar soul (Salt).
- White Phase of the Work (albedo)
- the White Stone of Multiplication
Birth of the Philosopher’s Child (Mercury)
white and red roses (spirit and soul)
Conjunction is the turning point in alchemy, the mystical marriage of the masculine Sun(red rose) and feminine Moon (White rose) , or the union of Spirit with Soul. The alchemical operation of Conjunction is comprised of bringing together the purified essence of the matter undergoing transformation to create a new Earth Element.
The single golden (or gilded) rose is a the representation of the completion of the Great Work (Magnum opus) or of some consummate achievement in personal or laboratory alchemy.
Traditionally, The Pope uses the Golden Rose as symbol of spiritual power and the certainty of resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:35-68) and immortality (John 8:51)
Mother Mary and the Rose
The perfected essence of both King and Queen is the symbol of the successful marriage of the two opposites.
Both the rosary and the rose are the symbols of Mary’s Union with God. These serve as physical reminders of the union between man and God.
In art Mother Mary depicted in a rose garden or under a rose arbor or surrounded by Roses, and even holding a single rose signifying that her power comes from divine love.
The rose garden is a symbol of a consecrated space. Much like a tabernacle (Exodus 31:7), an altar, ‘the holy of holies’ (Leviticus 16:2) Like the chastity of a virgin bride awaiting her groom (Ephesians 5:22-33)
Sexual Energy and ROSES
Our ideal of red roses representing passion, desire and attraction stems from the alchemical understanding of the red rose and sexual energy.
The Red Lion is also called the Philosophers Stone, the process of transforming base metals into gold. This is also associated with ‘creating’ or ‘conjuring’ sexual energy until reaching the climatic state, The Red Lion.
Sexually, The Red Lion is the drinkable gold, The Kundalini, which is the fire of the Semen, or the climatic state.
Furthermore, the of purified sexual energy (distilled and sublimated) which is a healing modality. “There’s life in the blood”, (Leviticus 17:11) is referencing the power in semen but through the purified sexual state.
The ‘alchemical redeemer’ of rose colored blood can be found in certain blood the “warm red tincture” also known as platelets in the blood.
The natural essence or soul is carried in this unique rose colored blood, while typical blood function solely on the physical duties of suppling oxygen to cells, Hereditic information, etc. The alchemical phrase, “The soul of the Stone is in its blood,” similar to previous quote.
MYSTICAL MARRIAGE & PURITY
A single red rose represents the mystic center of a person, the heart of hearts – one’s true nature, the core self or inner higher self. It also represents the process of purification to reveal one’s essence or the inner “pearl beyond price.” (Matthew 13:45-46)
Also representing the Mystical Marriage on a personal level, this is a special kind of love in which one melves “melts or dissolves” into the another, (similar to becoming one flesh Genesis 2:24) and the old identity is surrendered for that of the beloved or a higher identity within oneself, the complete surrendering and permanent transmutation. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
The rose is highly protected by thorns that guard her chastity. Her beauty and purity is sought by men like wisdom (Proverbs) but is hard to grasp.
The center of the rose is green and indicative of the Green Lion, First Matter (Prima Materia)
Emotional State & Sacred Sacrifice
Symbolizing The secrets of the Heart or things that cannot be spoken or an oath of silence in general.
Because of its association with the workings of the heart, the rose in alchemy has come to symbolize secrets of the heart.
It also represents the scared love of The Christ, through His sacrifice we now have a living example of unconditional love.
In The Gospels during His torture before His crucifixion they places a ‘crown of throw a’ upon His head. Symbolizing the completion of the Great Work through sacrificial love.
After He died they pierced His side with a spear and water drained from His heart. The secrets of the Heart was released.
Secrets Well Kept
The hermetic tradition of hanging red roses from the ceiling to indicate secrecy is still kept to this day in Alchemy Guild meetings.
A Rose icon or or the Latin phrase “sub rosa” (“under the rose”) indicates the material at hand is secret and meant to be concealed.
ROSE OIL BENEFITS & USES
Rose Oil is a widely used oil worldwide and throughout history for its amazing benefits on skin, hair and has other beauty benefits.
The effects on the body internally are just a rewarding by curing headaches, anxiety, depression, menstrual cramps etc.
This high frequency oil is a Goddess herb belonging to Venus and the Water element. Rose oil can be worn as a attractor for love and abundance. With its powerful properties you can draw positive people and ideas.
On the creation process Rose oil either worn as a body oil or burned for Aromatherapy will have your creative juices flowing.
DO NOT use synthetics. Rose oil is used in formulas designed to attract love, confer peace, stimulate sexual appetites, and enhance beauty.